11.11.10

Scotland’s rising star of stand-up

DANIEL Sloss has been forced to eat his words. A few months ago, the 20-year old comedian from Fife was booked to do a gig in the Aberdeenshire town of Huntly, and he wasn’t impressed.

“I remember saying to my agent: ‘Really?’ I didn’t have a clue where it was. In fact, on my gig list it just said ‘Huntly, up north somewhere’,” he said.

“He had booked me and two other acts, and when we turned up and found out that it was in a football social club, we really thought our manager was taking the mickey. We were looking at each other thinking this is going to be rubbish.

“We knew the gig had sold out, and we presumed we’d be playing to 50 old blokes. Instead, we played to the greatest crowd of 250 people I’ve ever performed for. I had such low expectations of the night, and it is genuinely one of the best gigs I’ve ever done. The crowd was so lovely, really up for it, and we had the best time.


Read more:
 http://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/Article.aspx/1999753?UserKey=#ixzz14y806bfZ

No comments:

Post a Comment