26.10.10

Garry Shandling: Ricky Gervais just caught me off guard

Comedian Garry Shandling talks about his role in Iron Man 2, how people have ripped off The Larry Sanders Show and arguing with Ricky Gervais.

Why did you do Iron Man? People wouldn’t expect you to do a straight role in a film like this. 
It’s what Jon Favreau expected me to do. He called me and said he had a part I could surprise people with. He thinks of me as an actor. Robert Downey Jr and I hit it off in a big way. We started improvising and re-writing. I knew the character I wanted to play and Jon allowed the acting to find itself and become something neither of us expected. It’s part of his genius. He lets the process happen so that there are spontaneous moments.


Read more: http://www.metro.co.uk/tv/845058-garry-shandling-ricky-gervais-just-caught-me-off-guard#ixzz13VPYK59n

No comments:

Post a Comment